The 2018 Yom HaShoah Holocaust Remembrance ceremony will take place on Monday, April 9, 2018 at TCC VanTrease PACE at 7 pm. Winners of the Arts Competition will have their pieces displayed at the VanTrease PACE for the event, the others will be displayed at the Tulsa Jewish Federation. The reception for winners of the Arts Competition will be on Sunday, April 15th. Each year, students from the Tulsa area display art work created in response to their classroom learning at the Remembrance Day event.
Student art work can be submitted into either the middle school (grades 6-8) or high school (grades 9-12) category.
- “Artwork” is understood to be visual art in any medium, but is not understood to refer to film, music, dance, or drama (the performing arts).
- All artworks should be easily portable and either freestanding, or be able to sit on an easel or a tabletop.
- Artworks may be submitted by individual students or by groups of students.
- The artist/s name, school and teacher should appear on the artwork in a place that is not visible when displayed (such as the bottom or back of the artwork).
- A short (1-3 sentence) artist/s’ statement should accompany each artwork.
- Artworks that require batteries or electricity may not be displayed, for logistical reasons.
- Artworks that include blood, body parts, or ashes will not be displayed.
- Artwork will be judged based on originality, attention to detail and evidence of historical research. Judges will include representatives from the Council for Holocaust Education, The Sherwin Miller Museum, and former teachers.
Ten finalists will be selected in the middle school category and ten in the high school category. From these 20, the following prizes will be awarded in each category:
First Place: $250 Second place: $150 Third place: $50
For more information or to reserve exhibit, email email@example.com.
To download Identity Plate and Artist’s Statement (which are required for each piece,) you can download here.[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”image_grid” images=”2918,2919,2920″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row]